Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

30 things

reblogged from invisible illness week
1. The illness I live with is: Fibromyalgia, PDD-NOS, Anxiety, Depression.
2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: 2012, 2011,2009ish
3. But I had symptoms since: 2010ish, childhood
4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is: training my service dog as my needs have changed, and also limiting myself to what i can handle on bad days.
5. Most people assume: "oh you must LOVE having your dog everywhere!" it cant be THAT bad, youre too young
6. The hardest part about mornings is. the incredible pain that greets me when i wake up
7. My favorite medical TV show is: HOUSE!!
8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is: gadget? maybe my ipod
9. The hardest part about nights are: the insomnia. being echausted and unable to sleep.
10. Each day I take _8-10_ pills & vitamins. (No comments, please)
11. Regarding alternative treatments: I'm currently looking into options that may help me.
12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: visible
13. Regarding working and career: im struggling through a college class and a job, just hoping to have some kind of future
14. People would be surprised to know:my 25 pound dog is how i survive the day. without him, some very simple things would be impossible.
15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: i may never be able to be what i want to be.
16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: im back in school :) one class at a time, but im there.
17. The commercials about my illness: understate them. all of them. especially fibro. its Excruciating. not this little ache it looks like in the commercial.
18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: anything athletic. running, bike riding, rollerblading.
19. It was really hard to have to give up: going out with friends several times a week. im lucky if i can manage 3 times a month now.
20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: i havnt really, other than this blog that i dont update much :) suggestions?
21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: take Parker for the best walk he's ever been on :) we would go running through a feild like wild horses!
22. My illness has taught me: flexibility. i cant make concrete plans anymore. and the ability to say no when i need to.
23. Want to know a secret? One thing people say that gets under my skin is: its not THAT bad, leave the dog at home, go get some fresh air, take a tylenol, youll be fine!" and other things to that effect.
24. But I love it when people: spend some low key time with me :) 
25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is: 1 peter 5:10,
26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them: you're not alone, theres always someone who understands and will stand by you no matter how bad things get.
27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: who is understanding and who isnt. also how dang SLOW treatments and tests and diagnosis are :P
28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: brought me fizzy pjs and a god book :)
29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Week because: im really not, i just likes this survey, and reading the articles.
30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel: thankful :) maybe now you understand my daily life a little better!

No comments:

Post a Comment